The webinars showcase research that is done at EMB’s Member institutes, research conducted by the authors of EMB publications, and science with relevance to EMB publications. They are hosted for free on ZOOM by EMB and are open to anyone with an interest in marine science. A maximum of 100 people are able to attend live, and the webinar is also livestreamed on the EMB YouTube channel. The recording and presentation are made available on the EMB website and YouTube channel after the event for later viewing. The YouTube recordings also have English subtitles available.
The format of the webinar includes a short opening by the European Marine Board moderator and up to 30 minutes of presentation by one or two people, with an opportunity for the audience to ask questions.
The upcoming webinars will take place on the dates listed below. You click on the link to find out more information about the topic and speakers, as well as register for the webinar:
- Thursday 15 December 2022: Machine learning to unlock the potential of plankton imaging big data
You can find out more about previous editions of the science webinars below:
- Thursday 20 October 2022: The MPA Guide: A framework to achieve global goals for the Ocean
- Thursday 18 August 2022: Marine biotechnology to advance Europe's bioeconomy
- Thursday 16 June 2022: New developments in research vessel capabilities and technology
- Thursday 19 May 2022: Critical research needs for informing environmental management of deep-sea mining
- Thursday 17 March 2022: Decommissioning of offshore structures
- Thursday 17 February 2022: Ocean and Human Health
- Thursday 16 December 2021: Marine Geohazards in Europe
- Thursday 18 November 2021: Addressing underwater noise in Europe
- Thursday 21 October 2021: Are we delving any deeper? An update on EMB Position Paper 22
- Thursday 16 September 2021: Involving Stakeholders in Co-creation of Ecosystem Services Research
- Thursday 19 August 2021: Navigating the Future V as inspiration and direction for marine science in the Ocean Decade
- Thursday 17 June 2021: Policy Brief 9 on Sustaining In Situ Ocean Observations for the Age of the Digital Ocean
- Thursday 20 May 2021: Future Science Brief 6 on Big Data: The value chain of ocean CO2 measurements
- Thursday 15 April 2021: Marine Citizen Science: Trends and Frontier Issues
- Thursday 18 February 2021: Future Science Brief 4 on Marine Ecosystem Modelling: Disclosing the truth: Are models better than observations?
- Thursday 21 January 2021: Future Science Brief 5 on Valuing Marine Ecosystem Services: Case studies on marine ecosystem service valuation
- Thursday 17 September 2020: Navigating the Future V: The cells of ecosystem functioning: Towards a holistic vision of marine space